Thursday, January 9, 2014

Ideas for January Feast Days and Celebrations

Here are some of our favorite traditions for the Month of January. This is by no means an exhaustive list, rather it's my way of creating a resource that I plan to revisit each year for myself! I hope you can find it beneficial as well!

Month of the Holy Name of Jesus
(Feast on January 3rd)
(Okay, enough examples, you could do so many things to make a craft with the word Jesus!)

January 1st: Mary, Mother of God

If you didn't chose a patron saint for the liturgical new year, consider picking one for the secular new year!


Other Ideas:
January 6th (ish): Feast of the Epiphany

I have placed my Epiphany ideas in my Christmas Season post.

January 13th (ish): Baptism of Our Lord
January 25th: Conversion of St. Paul

Make a St. Paul lunch!


The hotdogs and pretzels swords are for the beheading of St. Paul with a sword. We have these all the time because my kids can dip them in ketchup without a fork or mess. The fruit by the foot scroll is for the many letters in scripture that Paul authored. And the apples and cheese boats are for the many voyages he took, including his famous shipwreck, to spread the gospel.

Other Ideas:
January 28th: St. Thomas Aquinas

Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas Lunch



Other Ideas:
Be saints, it's worth it!
Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails