Friday, February 28, 2014

Stations of the Cross Candles

For a few years now I have been wanting to make Stations of the Cross candles, but I never got around to buying the supplies. This week I've been working on a mega Lent ideas post and as I was adding them to the "other ideas" section I realized that I currently had the supplies for this project on hand! In about 5 minutes it was done and I can't wait to use them this Lent. 


Here's how they work. When you begin to pray the stations you light one candle for each station. Then you extinguish each candle as you pray until they are all out. As you extinguish the candles the light in the room gets dimmer and dimmer until it is completely out. I imagine that as Jesus' followers watched Him, the Light of the World, fade away and leave them, they felt surrounded in darkness, like you be when the stations are complete.

Only two supplies are needed for this quick and easy project: Stations stickers and votive candles.


Wait, Autom is no longer selling these stickers on their website, boo!! In the past they have been available at The Dollar Tree (naturally), so check there. If all else fails Just Another Day in Paradise (the originator of this craft) printed hers from Way Back Machine.

The votive candles are from Michael's... with a 40% of coupon. You'll need to buy 2 cases of candles (12 in each box), but that is no big deal because you can use the extra candles when you host a Birth Blessing (which is why I had candles on hand).

Okay, here is what you do. Take the sticker off of the sticker sheet and stick it on a candle.


Wow, you are so crafty.

I numbered the bottom of the candles so I don't have to think too hard when we set these up to pray.


Now go be holy with your stations candles!


Check out these posts for more of my liturgical ideas!
Ideas for Lent
Ideas for Holy Week
Ideas for Easter Season

Be saints, it's worth it!
Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails