Saturday, December 7, 2013

Feast of St. Nicholas


Just popping in with a few pictures from St. Nicholas' Feast Day! It's been very busy around here because this week has been all things The Nutcracker! Bean is performing as an Angel in four shows this weekend. I hope to post some pictures that a friend of ours took from the dress rehearsal one of these days.


I know that typically people leave out their shoes for this feast day, but I like to use the kids' stockings, I'm not sure why that is. Maybe it's because it gives me more room. Maybe it's because I don't like the idea of putting edible things inside shoes. Maybe it's because I like my sparkly stocking that I bought 10 of several years ago because I hoped our family would grow and I knew I would never get around to making homemade stockings for everyone.


In the stockings were some gold coins, a candy cane, and a chocolate orange. My kids like oranges, but they don't seem feast dayish enough, so I opted for the chocolate version this year. Pal was very confused.


In front of the fireplace I put a few non-food treats. Wait, there goes my theory about using stockings because they give me more room for gifts. The kiddos each got a pair of slippers that I grabbed from Target, a Saints sticker book (the kind with a shadow of the sticker and the kids match the real sticker with the shadow), and an 1,000 piece nativity puzzle. Pal has been obsessed with big puzzles ever since this summer, so I thought this would be a great way to pass the cold days of Advent.

The puzzle is HUGE...



In the afternoon the kids drank hot cocoa and ate some of there chocolate while watching Veggie Tales' St. Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving. One of the characters is a nun, so that's pretty cool.

I hope your celebration was blessed!

Be saints, it's worth it!
Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails