Friday, February 11, 2011

Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes



What a great Feast Day it is today. Of all of the devotions to Mary, Our Lady of Lourdes is the most dear to my heart. Just this past May Kevin and I took a trip to Lourdes and I wrote a bit about it on the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, so if you want details, check out the post.

Because I want to get to watching The Song of Bernadette, I'm just going to share the highlights of our celebration today.

We made some of our own Grottos inspired by the above picture I took on our trip.


Making Grottos is serious stuff...



so don't take this project I came up with after searching the web for ideas lightly. Basically the goal was to not have to go to the store to buy anything, so my supplies came out to this...


The picture for coloring comes from Waltzing Matilda. I just love people like her that give their talents to the world. I don't personally know her, but I can tell she is really cool.

We also read a little book we picked up in Lourdes on St. Bernadette.


You can tell someone from France translated it because it says awesome things like "the Soubirous family begins to have big money trouble" and "Mrs Soubirous thinks her daughter has lost her head" or "He (the priest) doesn't believe her and he tells her off". Funny phrases for a kids book, but I love it.

Finally the kids received a special blessing tonight with water straight from Lourdes that Kevin bravely took a sip of at customs when they questioned why we had 6 mini bottles of the same water. Probably wasn't the worst idea to have blessed himself in such a way before hoping on an overnight flight.

Alright, it's movie time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails