Sunday, March 27, 2011

Super Easy Handmade Headbands and Hair Clips

It's not really a secret that I love embellished headbands. I wear them as an accessory way more than jewelry. This month my friend, who typically does the craft at my mom's group, had a baby! So... I jumped on the opportunity to be in charge of the craft, basically because it's been a dream of mine to craft my own headbands and this gave me a budget to do it.

Yesterday I went to the craft store with an open mind and came home with supplies to make theses...



For $2.00 a person each momma will go home with a headband, clip and 3 personalized flower that can be interchanged. That's like 6 different headbands (you can put 1 or 2 flowers on a headband) and 3 different clips. The best part is there is no glue or sewing involved whatsoever!

Here's what you'll need:


  • Headbands (4 for $1.00 at the Dollar Tree)
  • Hair Clips
  • Flowers from the Scrapbook Aisle
  • Craft Brads from the Scrapbook Aisle
  • Small Hole Punch
  • Sheet of Felt
*I bought everything but the headbands at Michael's for 40% off because their entire line of Recollections scrapbooking supplies were on sale. This was phenomenal because I had to buy multiples of everything. I'm sad to say the sale ended yesterday, BUT there's always the coupons!



Step 1: Cut out a small circle of felt and punch 3 holes in a line. If you don't have a small hole punch, you could fold the circle in half and cut 3 small slits on the fold.


Step 2: Stack your flowers. Notice that they have slits in the middle of them.


Step 3: Stick a craft brad through the slits in the middle of the flowers.


Step 4: Flip the flower over and add the felt circle by putting the brad through the middle hole. 


Step 5: Open the brad and push it flat. Line up the metal arms with the holes.

Now you can loop the flower either on a headband...



OR on a clip...



Super easy right! My 4 year old was even able to design and make one mostly on her own, which she LOVED and has been perpetually wearing for 2 days now.

I think these are the perfect way to add a little spring to your wardrobe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails