Monday, May 5, 2014

Bean's First Holy Communion

Yesterday Bean made her First Communion. What can I say, it's a Sacrament, how could the day not be blessed?


To add to the already joyous day, much of our extended family was there to celebrate with us, the weather was beautiful, and our small family reception was a success.

After all of our time preparing for this day, Bean was beyond excited to finally receive Jesus in His flesh and blood.


I was very thankful that Bean was able to wear the veil that I wore at my first communion. Yes, I still have my late 80's dress. Yes, the sleeves were too puffy to even consider having Bean wear it.


When given the option, Bean wanted to have a party just with her family, so we kept things fairly simple. The projects Bean made during her preparations served as the decorations and I ordered Subway for our lunch.


We did however still pull out the china and silver and had my dear friend make us gorgeous chalice cookies.


After lunch we played baseball... naturally...


And opened up some very special gifts.

Bean's Grammy made her a beautiful and intricate cross stitch and we took the small crucifix that the priest who did her first confession gave her and had a friend turn it into a rosary.

We are so happy for our little Bean, what a beautiful day it was!

Be saints, it's worth it!
Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails